1958 - Gold Star Line was then incorporated in Hong Kong on
April 24, 1958.
1958 - First service connecting Japan-Hong Kong to South & West
1978 - Gold Star Line inaugurated the first direct India/West
Africa service via South Africa.
The first of four ships built for Gold Star Line by the Hakodate
Shipyard in Japan.
GSL’s celebrated its 20th Anniversary.
1979 - In January, GSL established Therica Shipping Co. to
become the ships management company.
1982 - The Indian Ocean Feeder Service was developed into Far
Indian sub continent service.
GSL is the pioneer of containerized cargo into East Africa.
1985 - GSL entered into an agreement with Mosk, Safmarine, NYK,
Nedlloyed and K-Line to form the SAFARI Group to carry
containers between Japan and South Africa.
1986 - P & O Container Line joined GSL in its East Africa Indian
sub continent service as a joint partner.
1988 - GSL’s celebrated its 30th Anniversary.
1993 - GSL started its Intra Asia activity in Vietnam &
GSL’s celebrated its 35th Anniversary.
1994 - GSL started its activity in Australia forming a joint
venture with OOCL.
GSL moved to new offices in Allied Kajima Building 14 Floor.
1996 - In July inaugurated together with ICFS the Bombay-Colombo
GSL expanded it Intra Asia activities in S.E. Asia first
services at Philippines.
1998 - GSL container to expand in the Intra Asia with new
services at Malaysia and Indonesia.
GSL’s celebrated its 40th Anniversary.
2000 - In February started services in the Gulf.
In March expanded Intra Asia services co-ordinate Sri-Lanka-S.E.Asia
In July inaugurated services to Myanmar.
2001 - Further expansion to joint ventures with CSCL & CMA a
total origin in new services launched.
2002 - Expansion in Bay of Bengal, Malaysia, Calcutta &
In July inaugurative service connecting N.E.Asia with India &
the Gulf with 3000 teus vessels.
2004 - GSL moved to new offices in Allied Kajima Building into
9,000 square feets of space in 11 Floor.
2006 - Improvedco-arrange of India sub continent.
2007 - Shanghai Hai Hua Shipping joined GSL in its South East
Asia service as a joint partner.
In July Improved co-arrange of W.Africa.
2008 - Inaugurated Kiwi Express (KIX) trance Tasman Sea
Gold Star Line’s celebrates its 50th Anniversary.
2009 - Joined with KMTC and Sinokor, GSL started a new Asia-New Express Service to link Korea-China-Vietnam- Thailand and Indonesia.
2010 - Joined with TSL, GSL make a comeback to Far East to Middle East market by launching AGS service.
2011 - Banana express was launched to serve Japan-China-HKG and Philippines market.
2012 - In partnership with CSCL, a new service named CTJ with coverage of Japan-Korea-China-Thailand was launched to further enhance GSL’s coverage in Intra-Asia.
- FAX Service upgraded to Weekly Service from China Ports to West Africa
- FAX improved coverage to Indian Sub-Continent and Middle East
2013 - China India Express (CIX) was launched to serve Korea-China-Singapore and India market with HMM /TSL and Xpress.
- GSL is further rationalizing its SE Asia loops while forging further links with Golden See Shipping Pte Ltd. Thailand and Vietnam feeder services hubbing at Port Kelang within a composite service offered dubbed Vietnam-Thailand-Straits Services (VTS).
- Shanghai Taiwan Express (STS) was launched to serve China-Taiwan market.
- Gold Star Line has decided to shift the South China Hub of the FAX Service from Da Chan Bay to Nansha. The decision was made to offer the fast growing Guangdong exporters to West Africa with a port call near the heart of their business. Da Chan Bay will continue to be served by other in-house lines to link with the FAX service at Port Kelang.
2014 - Joined with OOCL / HSD / RCL / APL / ESL / MSK / CMA, GSL started a new China India Express Services (CI3/CI4/ CI5) to link China-Korea-Hong Kong-Singapore-Colombo-India-Malaysia and Pakistan. Its provides extended coverage and opens up new markets in Pipavav, Colombo and Karachi.
- PortKelang Chennai Express (PCP) was launched to serve Singapore-Malaysia and India market.
2015 - CVX deployed 4th vessel aiming to serve the market with stable schedule integrity in addition to comprehensive coverage of the market.
- GSL moved to new office in Pioneer Place 5/Floor – Kwun Tong.
- FAX service upgraded starting January 2015. The upgraded FAX service will offer improved Schedule and Service Integrity and competitive Transit Times. FAX service will be a joint service with NYK and Hapag Lloyd.
- In March joined together with Xpress the Asia Chennai Service (ACS). GSL Expanded it services to S.E. Asia.
- In May CKP was launched to cover China- Korea-Philippines market under the partnership with TSL & HMM. Offering best-in-market transit time and convenient calls suited to customers’ needs.
|Copyright © 2013 Gold Star Line Ltd. All rights reserved. Powered by Pacific Professional Network.